Authentic VTG Hermes Scarf Les Distractions Hippiques - A Chacun Son Cheval 1946 Original Issue
Les Distractions Hippiques - A Chacun Son Cheval is truly a rare find.
Hugo Grygkar, the Father of the Hermes carre, designed this gem, which was first issued in 1946. Due to silk rationing during WWII for the manufacture of parachutes, Hermès like all manufacturer's at that time, had to abstain from using silk and consequently, scarves during this time period were made out of wool or a silk wool blend.
A rare find...
- given its age in overall excellent vintage condition
- made in France tag
- small and faint spots and wear marks, that should come out with additional cleaning*
- hand rolled hem is still mostly plump
- made in France
- approx. dimensions: 34 x 34 inches or 86.5 x 86.5 cm
- guaranteed authentic
- gift wrapped
- layaway plans tailored to Your specific needs
- subject to prior sale
* photos 2 and 3 were taken prior to cleaning